Family hotel for four generations
Over four generations, a single family has built up and developed the hotel into the world-class business we know today: Norway’s only member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
Hotel guests from all over the world choose Hotel Continental when they visit Oslo. Companies of all sizes choose the hotel for their conferences and meetings, and many private individuals choose us as the backdrop for their special celebrations.
The Continental Experience
Our attention to detail, discretion, first-class service, delicious food and drinks, unique art collection and our unusual history and special atmosphere all serve to make a stay at Hotel Continental a five-star experience. We call it “The Continental Experience”.
Please share your nice experinces from Hotel Continental on Tripadvisor.
Vision and mission statement
Continental is a hotel and restaurant complex that makes a healthy profit by providing five-star services to discerning guests.
To be one of the stars that make Continental shine.
To make our vision more concrete, Hotel Continental has organized the underlying principles and values into five “stars”. Together, we believe they help us shine.
- We always behave with professionalism to our guests
- We find good solutions for our guests
- We give that little something extra
- We treat our guests with humility, discretion and respect
- We meet our guests with a smile and positive attitude
- Our managers are strategic, think holistically, and make good decisions
- Our managers are given responsibility and authority and ensure good results and growth – for each individual employee and for the enterprise as a whole
- Our managers are clear and accessible
- Our managers expect a lot from the employees, motivate them, and give constructive feedback
- Our managers are inclusive and listen
- We treat each other with respect
- We share knowledge and make each other good
- We give each other information and assume responsibility for getting information
- We are loyal to decisions that have been made
- We all have a shared responsibility to ensure our working environment is safe and good
- We meet our financial targets and are aware of the company’s financial status
- We all contribute to additional sales and resales
- We all contribute to reducing unnecessary costs
- We think holistically and constantly strive to improve performance – in other companies too
- We all contribute to better profitability
- We run our business profitability, ethically and in compliance with the legislation and regulations
- We attach importance to environmental considerations in all new acquisitions
- We think green in our consumption of raw materials, water and energy, and in our waste management
- We encourage education and development by offering apprenticeships and trainee placements
- We contribute to orderliness and cleanliness in our neighbourhood, and keep our building beautiful for our guests and passersby